At Foodstuffs South Island we have a clear purpose: Together, we feed the South Island and create successful communities.
The Foodstuffs South Island Community Trust is one of the ways we fulfil this purpose, and live up to our promise to be Here for New Zealand by:
- supporting every New Zealander with access to healthy and affordable food;
- providing our communities with opportunities for meaningful work;
- supporting the success of our local communities; and
- operating consciously and responsibly as sustainability leaders in our industry.
The Community Trust focuses on funding:
- Projects that will have a meaningful community benefit, particularly those that will increase community access to food or reduce hardship for groups and individuals in a community
- Individuals who need support funding medical, educational, or living costs due to hardship or adversity
- Emergency relief for community organisations or individuals.
Who can apply?
We accept applications from non-profit organisations that are active in the South Island and individuals who are members of our communities in the South Island, including our FSSI and store team members.
We prioritise funding for projects or organisations that are aligned with our social promises, especially those that:
- Enable people to access healthy food
- Support our South Island communities to thrive
- Contribute to individuals achieving meaningful work
How can I apply?
All grant applications submitted require the full support of a sponsor – this is often the owner of your local Foodstuffs supermarket.
If you would like to apply for a grant from our Community Trust, you will need to:
- Check out the Information for Applicants to make sure you meet the criteria, and to find out what details will be helpful to include with your application.
- Chat to one of our sponsors to confirm their support of your application – click here for a full list of our Sponsor or Supporters. Please do not leave the application form at the service desk of a store.
Please make sure you send your applications in two weeks ahead of the next meeting. Our last meeting for 2023 is taking place on Wednesday 29 November.